Fish River Lodge Journal

Journal entries from Fish River Lodge, Eagle Lake, Maine. Adventures in hunting, fishing, trapping and running a sporting camp in northern Maine.

Friday, February 3, 2012

Magnum: A new addition to the Fish River Lodge family


This is Magnum. He is my new, 3 year old, appaloosa gelding. He is currently boarded at Gray's Equestrian Training in Bowdoinham, ME. In the spring he will move "home" to Eagle Lake and board at Fred Simard's on Devoe Brook Road. I'm so excited to start working with him. He is sweet, smart, and willing. I'd like to have him ready for short trail rides this fall. I'd always said, "I don't have a therapist because I have a horse." Horses have been my "therapy", my quiet time when time doesn't matter, where there is no schedule, just an opportunity to learn and grow with a horse. I had horses for 20 years before moving to Fish River Lodge. I had to sell out when we moved. It's been seven years since I got out of horses and it is definitely time for me to get back in, or hire a therapist! I'll take a horse over a therapist any day! (no offense to therapists ;-)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home